Saturday, July 25, 2009

Crumb Coffee Cake

If I'm not mistaken I made this around July 13th (which is sometimes ago, yes) from a recipe in the Star newspaper as a tribute to Mother's Day. The owner/author of the recipe is related to the Agong...or royal family if I'm not mistaken (where's that article when I need it...). From the looks of this recipe, it's considered one of the healthy recipes, without the need to cream loads of butter with sugar. This cake is best eaten with coffee (hence, the name). However, it does not contain any coffee. Verdict : Yum! :D
Cake just out of the oven. Smells awesome :)
Getting meself a slice!
Look at the crumbly texture. Looks like apple crumble.
A closer look:
P.S. Buttermilk was needed for this recipe but since I was unable to find buttermilk in any stores around my place, there are plenty of buttermilk substitutes after doing a search on Google :D thankfully, if not there won't be a chance for me to try this yummy recipe.

No comments: